comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Redirecting page after logout

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Redirecting page after logout

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Harshad Sawant <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Redirecting page after logout
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 07:30:05 +0200
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=illinois.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=illinois.edu; dkim=pass header.d=illinois.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=q83lU8gJXsLRo8afu9Hc/K1tBIsFpdkpCsqnMEkkWJg=; b=g0oxIJQhYKyGLxe6gjP2LsOLnaJDmg1TSV8hFtj0vBP4iuz7M9oWSPX8I6pYgHNdLnMtoE6v1rcApVppan/yueDonD8zsDq4zMkDkujy1krN2tH+PMxuEK2bOkxTCI/mQT9EBnKs3MzFfIo0GvzCF4909+gGjY9cl6YWUs5R+pQ7GNp+HLPrT9mUjgVGYaXsw+xjUcjmZXMf85CcaP7YAX55rtAcAE3KvmynDIi0C0ito/KayXccItuTLzcao89EJrlcOw8klKNER7AOrrARbtbhOo63qV7IMsS25EDZBVO2C+6wYIyhf8zzwbsj61nik99Wi4m3FHxa+IHkGlldEA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=a7/W7zQu8Tk1nwixgXpILcEasha13I5qN4P6t3YOA5oZCzrjzIh61TTh8uUKpTq8ik1V46aTBzAsq5PpPHkCTLalzQrpIZwOPjFvHXoElH3+EbLyl0pSgj3WipU3Rij8UMelR9pW05l9p+FS2hHwmb0U1X5ePdC4mXJsm4trU7RJ8wLKRpX/qWYu5uQBm4M2prGI0cR4v199imJvFVjkM/17auH3oa+YkU5dQW0qAsSR2Fa+Yiq7elWnXFqNMZw0WiC4vsop5n+/EdCUKwaNi9NLzDwJVBmtZVxemkNxbr8ja/SaYBoziZo2sGay/Xv+I1dhfrwfD9BJrBs28UN63g==

Hi Harshad,

> How to redirect public page after logout on comanage registry.?
> Use-case is after logout, redirect to page in public page directory.
>
> Thanks,
> Harshad Sawant, IUCAA.

COmanage Registry itself is agnostic about both login and logout, and it
delegates those responsibilities to the web server, usually Apache HTTP
Server (Apache).

You are using the COmanage Registry container with Shibboleth SP
authentication, so configuring both login and logout means configuring
the Shibboleth SP Apache module.

Since you are running the container it includes an Apache configuration
file in /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-comanage.conf

The file contains this Apache configuration stanza:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !after_redirect
RewriteRule ^/registry/auth/logout.*
https://%{HTTP_HOST}/Shibboleth.sso/Logout?return=https://%{HTTP_HOST}/registry/auth/logout/?after_redirect
[L,R]

That stanza tells Apache then when the browser visits

/registry/auth/logout.*

which is what happens when the user selects LOGOUT from the menu, it
should first direct to

/Shibboleth.sso/Logout

to end the Shibboleth SP session, and then after that go back to

/registry/auth/logout

to end the COmanage Registry session.

If you use SAML Tracer and logout you will see that the paths visited
are

/registry/auth/logout
/Shibboleth.sso/Logout?return=https://%{HTTP_HOST}/registry/auth/logout/?after_redirect
/registry/auth/logout/?after_redirect
/registry/users/logout/?after_redirect

If you want to then have the web browser redirected somewhere, you can
edit that file (perhaps mount in a new version) that includes more
RewriteCond and RewriteRule lines to redirect the browser after the
Shibboleth SP and COmanage Registry sessions have been ended.

Please consult the documentation on the mod_rewrite Apache module for
details.

Thanks,

Scott