comanage-users - [comanage-users] COmanage Registry 4.0.0 RC1

Subject: COmanage Users List

[comanage-users] COmanage Registry 4.0.0 RC1

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [comanage-users] COmanage Registry 4.0.0 RC1
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 16:29:18 -0400

The COmanage Project is pleased to announce the first Release Candidate of Registry 4.0.0.

https://github.com/Internet2/comanage-registry/releases/tag/4.0.0-rc1

Be sure to review the Upgrading instructions.

https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/COmanage/Upgrading+Registry

While we do not yet recommend running this Release Candidate on production services, we would appreciate any feedback from upgrading test and QA instances. After about two weeks, we will release another RC or the final 4.0.0 release, depending on what reports we receive.

Registry 4.0.0 includes a potpourri of new features, improvements, and bugfixes. Significant new features include

- Asynchronous Provisioning
- ApiProvisioner
- ApiSource Poll Mode (for Apache Kafka)
- Consolidated CO Person API
- FileSource CSV v2 format
- Identity Documents
- Improved Match Attribute Integration
- Improvements to Password Management
- JiraProvisioner
- MeemEnroller (for tracking MFA registrations)
- Nested Group Boolean Logic
- Organization Objects
- PrivacyIdeaAuthenticator
- UX improvements, in particular around Group management

The full list is available here:

https://todos.internet2.edu/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10080&version=14923

Trivia: The oldest ticket resolved in this Release Candidate was CO-60 (Password Management Support Tool), originally opened in December 2010.

Please note that we have identified a possible issue with schema management under Postgres 12 and 13. While so far we have not identified any operational problems related to this issue, Postgres deployers should either remain on version 11.x or earlier, or pay careful attention to their test or QA instances when testing out the Release Candidate.

  • [comanage-users] COmanage Registry 4.0.0 RC1, Benn Oshrin, 09/13/2021