comanage-users - [comanage-users] COmanage Registry 3.3.0 RC1 and New Release Schedule Plans

Subject: COmanage Users List

[comanage-users] COmanage Registry 3.3.0 RC1 and New Release Schedule Plans

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [comanage-users] COmanage Registry 3.3.0 RC1 and New Release Schedule Plans
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 21:05:20 -0400

The COmanage Project is pleased to announce the first Release Candidate of Registry 3.3.0.

https://github.com/Internet2/comanage-registry/releases/tag/3.3.0-rc1

Be sure to review the Upgrading instructions.

https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/COmanage/Upgrading+Registry

While we do not yet recommend running this Release Candidate on production services, we would appreciate any feedback from upgrading test and QA instances. After about two weeks, we will release another RC or the final 3.3.0 release, depending on what reports we receive.

Registry 3.3.0 includes a treasure trove of new features, improvements, and bugfixes. The full list is available here:

https://todos.internet2.edu/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10080&version=13928

The last feature release (3.2.0) was made in December 2018. The lengthy release cycle has delayed availability of new features, and creates uncertainty for deployers and funders.

Beginning with Registry v4.0.0, the COmanage Project is planning on two Feature Releases per year, roughly aligned with the Internet2 Global Summit (usually around April) and Technology Exchange (usually around October). Feature Releases are those that end in .0 (eg: 3.3.0, 4.0.0), and can be either a MAJOR or MINOR release as per Semantic Versioning.

The scope of each Feature Release ("Feature Freeze") will occur approximately two months prior to the target release date. After Feature Freeze, commits may only be made for features already in scope and for bug fixes.

The first Release Candidate ("Code Freeze") will occur approximately one month prior to the target release date, at which point only bug fixes may be committed. Additional Release Candidates will be prepared as needed, which may impact the actual release date.

Hot Fix Releases (PATCH releases as per Semantic Versioning) will continue to be released as needed.

  • [comanage-users] COmanage Registry 3.3.0 RC1 and New Release Schedule Plans, Benn Oshrin, 07/08/2020