comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Nested COUs

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Nested COUs

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: Warren G Anderson <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Nested COUs
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 11:54:16 +0100

At the moment, COU hierarchies are more about administrator management rather than person management. So if you have something that looks like

COU A
/\
COU B COU C

then a COU Administrator of COU A can manage anyone with a CO Person Role in COU B or COU C, but a person with a CO Person Role in COU B does not automatically receive a CO Person Role in COU A.

Depending on what your use case is, Registry v3.3.0 includes "Nested Groups", which might be of use. You could create a group called "Combined COU" whose members consist of the members of "members:COU A", "members:COU B", and "member:COU C".

Thanks,

-Benn-