comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Spaces in extended types

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Spaces in extended types

  • From: Duncan Brown <>
  • To: Benn Oshrin <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Spaces in extended types
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 15:33:57 +0000

Hi Benn,

> On Nov 30, 2019, at 3:37 PM, Benn Oshrin <> wrote:
>
> Trailing whitespaces should be removed from Identifiers, as per
>
> https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/COmanage/Normalizing+Data
>
> Please open a JIRA, including details of how the user created the
> identifier in the first place.

I can reproduce the issue and opened a JIRA at
<https://todos.internet2.edu/browse/CO-1835>

> I'm a little confused as to why you can't fix the entry, though. Identifier
> availability checks do not consider whitespace (though maybe they should),
> and normalization will only apply to the record being saved, not the record
> already persisted. You've double checked that the username (without the
> space) isn't already attached to a record?

Yes, the only instance of this username is the one with the space in it:

MariaDB [registry]> select identifier,quote(identifier),type,status from
cm_identifiers where identifier like 'emvarun%';
+------------+-------------------+--------+--------+
| identifier | quote(identifier) | type | status |
+------------+-------------------+--------+--------+
| emvarun | 'emvarun ' | GitHub | A |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

Cheers,
Duncan.

--

Duncan Brown Room 263-1, Physics Department
Charles Brightman Professor of Physics Syracuse University, NY 13244
http://dabrown.expressions.syr.edu Phone: 315 443 5993

  • Re: [comanage-users] Spaces in extended types, Duncan Brown, 12/03/2019