comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Spaces in extended types

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Spaces in extended types

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: Duncan Brown <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Spaces in extended types
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 15:37:43 -0500

Hi Duncan,

Trailing whitespaces should be removed from Identifiers, as per

https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/COmanage/Normalizing+Data

Please open a JIRA, including details of how the user created the identifier in the first place.

I'm a little confused as to why you can't fix the entry, though. Identifier availability checks do not consider whitespace (though maybe they should), and normalization will only apply to the record being saved, not the record already persisted. You've double checked that the username (without the space) isn't already attached to a record?

Along with UTF-8 names, we also occasionally test for little Bobby Tables.

Thanks,

-Benn-