comanage-users - [comanage-users] voPerson IPR Home

Subject: COmanage Users List

[comanage-users] voPerson IPR Home

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [comanage-users] voPerson IPR Home
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 09:00:58 -0400

Since there are a number of COmanage deployments using or interested in voPerson (https://voperson.org), I wanted to let the community know about a proposal to migrate its IPR home. Currently, the voPerson schema has been developed under the CILogon Project. However, we expect to soon propose migrating the schema to REFEDs, under the Schema Editorial Board:

https://wiki.refeds.org/display/STAN/Schema+Editorial+Board

We will likely propose a subcommittee of the SEB to develop voPerson 2.0.0. Participation in the subcommittee will be open to the public. v2.0.0 is expected to be substantially similar to the current version, but you can review the issue tracker for specific goals:

https://github.com/voperson/voperson/issues

If you have questions, comments, or concerns about the proposed migration, you may post them to the collaboration platform discussion group (, you may need to join before you can post), send them to me privately, or post them to the relevant issue:

https://github.com/voperson/voperson/issues/5

Please do so no later than Thursday May 16. Please do not use this list (comanage-users) for follow up discussion.

If you would like to participate in the subcommittee to draft v2.0.0, please email me directly.

Thanks,

-Benn-

  • [comanage-users] voPerson IPR Home, Benn Oshrin, 05/08/2019