comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] load balancing two copies of COmanage production

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] load balancing two copies of COmanage production

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: Greg Vogl <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] load balancing two copies of COmanage production
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 21:30:48 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Some other considerations which you may already have thought of....

- The database should have some form of HA or redundancy
- If active/active, you probably want sticky load balancer sessions or a
similar solution so that users return to the same web server after login
- If you have JobShell enabled (eg: for expirations), that should only
run from one node

There also this wiki document that could probably use some minor updating:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/KIHmBQ

Thanks,

-Benn-