comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Reading authorative SAML attributes from environment at enrollment

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Reading authorative SAML attributes from environment at enrollment

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: Michiel Uitdehaag <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Reading authorative SAML attributes from environment at enrollment
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 08:06:34 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

The "old" (current) mechanism does not work with invitation based flows.
(It was originally intended for self signup flows, where the attributes
available are those of the authenticated enrollee.) That's one of many
limitations of the old mechanism, which is why we're replacing it... The
old mechanism also does not allow users to override values (at least not
easily), and it conflates CO Person and Org Identity attributes.

The "new" mechanism, EnvSource, will address all of these issues. The
version in the develop branch (which will become 3.1.0) currently only
supports Self Signup and Account Linking, but it should support
Invitation in the next week or so, and certainly by the time 3.1.0 is
released.

In summary, there is no good support for authoritative attributes in
invitation based flows for 3.0.0 and earlier. Your could write your own
plugin, but you won't be able to set default values in the enrollment
form without hacking the core code (or waiting for 3.1.0). Alternately,
you could switch to a self signup based flow until 3.1.0 is available.

BTW, required/optional/not permitted simply refer to the self asserted
attributes collected in the petition during enrollment. Required means
the petitioner must provide the value, optional means the petitioner may
provide the value, and not permitted means the field is not rendered in
the form.

Thanks,

-Benn-