comanage-users - [comanage-users] cannot delete/remove/disable a role from a person

Subject: COmanage Users List

[comanage-users] cannot delete/remove/disable a role from a person

  • From: Mike Manske <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [comanage-users] cannot delete/remove/disable a role from a person
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 12:46:26 -0500

Running COmanage version 9.4. A CO Person has an expired role within a
COU. The status on the expired role is 'Expired'. The person is also a
member of the corresponding 'members:X' group, and I think this should
not be the case, and unfortunately this membership is used to control
access to services. (More specifically, the membership group gets
exported when provisioned.)

This person also has other roles in other COUs so I can't 'expunge'
them. I also cannot delete the role from the CO person page - the
delete button looks active but it does nothing. I also cannot remove
him from the corresponding group (this is the real problem), because
manual edits for these groups are disabled.

This is important and we cannot wait until we do an upgrade to try and
fix this. Is there a direct DB update we can do or something similar?