comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Multiple Roles and COUs and LDAP

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Multiple Roles and COUs and LDAP

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Multiple Roles and COUs and LDAP
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 16:24:56 -0400

I think there are two bits here. The first is about reflecting the COU
(or CO) name into LDAP. Currently, there are two CO Person Role fields
that could be used for this:

(1) "Organization" (cm_co_person_roles:o) will be used to populate the
"o" attribute in LDAP.

(2) "Department" (cm_co_person_roles:ou) will be used to populate the
"ou" attribute in LDAP.

You could populate these with the name of the CO and COU respectively,
perhaps by fixed fields populated at enrollment, perhaps manually by an
administrator.

There is currently no way to automatically populate these fields based
on the name of the CO or COU, though that might be a useful enhancement.

The second bit is correlating multiple records worth of data together in
LDAP. I think the answer to that is LDAP Attribute Options, which would
allow something like

ou;x-role-1: First COU
ou;x-role-2: Second COU
title;x-role-1: Professor of First COU
title;x-role-2: Researcher of Second COU

We could prioritize adding support for this, but it's not there now.

Thanks,

-Benn-

On 9/5/14 3:22 PM,