comanage-users - [comanage-users] a few issues with installing CoManage

Subject: COmanage Users List

[comanage-users] a few issues with installing CoManage

  • From: Niels van Dijk <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [comanage-users] a few issues with installing CoManage
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:40:51 +0100

Hi all,

I'm following the wiki on installing comanage-registry.
At
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/COmanage/Registry+Installation+-+Database
"Install Database Schema" it says to run ./Console/cake database which
should set up the database. During this process cake tries to write in
the app/tmp directory.

However, in the previuos step "Move /tmp Directory" on
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/COmanage/Registry+Installation+-+Source
ownership of this tmp space was changed to the http user. So unless one
is using the http user as the user for running the DB create script the
create command fails.

After fixing that, permissions error is gone, but a new error pops up:
PHP Warning: /var/www/data/comanage-registry/app/tmp/cache/models/ is
not writable in
/var/www/data/comanage-registry/lib/Cake/Cache/Engine/FileEngine.php on
line 384

a quick ls reveals that in fact this directory does not exist :
[niels@i-6010f238
app]$ ls -l /var/www/data/comanage-registry/app/tmp/cache
total 8
drwxrwx--- 2 apache niels 4096 Feb 13 14:48 persistent
drwxrwx--- 2 apache niels 4096 Feb 13 14:26 views
[niels@i-6010f238
app]$

mkdir /var/www/data/comanage-registry/app/tmp/cache/models
fixes the problem, but I think it should be part of the installation, right?

Regards,
Niels