comanage-announce - [COmanage-Announce] COmanage Newsletter #9 - June 2022

Subject: COmanage News and Announcements

[COmanage-Announce] COmanage Newsletter #9 - June 2022

  • From: Laura Paglione <>
  • To: COmanage Dev <>, ,
  • Subject: [COmanage-Announce] COmanage Newsletter #9 - June 2022
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:03:18 -0400

View in a browser

NEWSLETTER

ISSUE #9 | June 23, 2022

Welcome!

Today we’re welcoming the latest cohort of COmanage Registry workshop participants. We hope that you’ll join us for the open office hours (at a new time this month), to help welcome them to the community. We have been busy this month with plenty of meetings and travel. We’re looking forward to sharing more about what we’ve learned next month!

Open Office Hours - June 30 (THURSDAY)

NOTE: Open Office Hours will be on a different day of the week and time this month.

Do you have a question about deploying or configuring Registry or Match? Want to get some input on a solution architecture design? Want to hear how your colleagues in the community are solving problems similar to yours? Each month you can bring your topics for discussion to the call. No need to register or spin up a presentation (but feel free if it suits you!); just show up! A short conversation starter kicks off each session to help get the discussion started.

THURSDAY, June 30 at 2:00 PM (America/New York) (no registration necessary)
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84743471575?pwd=d29QNFM1KzEwUFZvRFg0enJ1dlNmQT09

IN YOUR TIMEZONE & link for your calendar

Note the new zoom link…

July’s Topic Aperitif: Pick a topic

When we teach the COmanage Registry workshop, the last session has participants voting on the topics that they would like to hear more about or were not covered during training. This month we invite the broader community to join in this tradition, both to hear the topics and to contribute your insights and experiences to the conversation. The topics that are up for consideration are:

  • Account Linking

  • Duplicate Management

  • Extending the COmanage Data Model

  • Validating Identifiers

  • Creating Message Templates

  • More about Plugins

  • Registry Jobs

  • Status Management

  • CO Services

  • Intro to the COmanage API

  • Overview of COmanage Match

COmanage News

This newsletter section is designed to provide additional transparency on the day-to-day workings of COmanage. Have ideas about other information that we should include? Let us know on the #incommon-comanage slack channel or by !

COmanage REGISTRY HIGHLIGHTED AT BaseCAMP

During InCommon’s BaseCAMP this month, Registry was highlighted during the Registry 201 talk. You can see copies of the slides in the wiki.

That’s it for this month’s newsletter. Keep an eye out for our next one scheduled for late July. We hope to see you during our Open Office Hours on June 30th!

About The COmanage Project

COmanage is an Open Source Project that is focused on streamlining digital lifecycle management for your populations. It consists of two tools: Registry and Match.

COmanage Registry is an identity registry with flexible enrollment and lifecycle management capabilities that helps you meet your identity management objectives using standardized tools and approaches. It can be used as a central person registry, a guest management system, or a collaboration hub for scholarly collaborations.

COmanage Match performs identity de-duplication in order to help minimize the creation of duplicate accounts for the same individual. It provides a heuristic-based system for matching identity records across multiple authoritative systems of record. Match can be used with Registry or as a standalone product complementary to your other tools.

Learn more about the project and its supporters at https://incommon.org/software/comanage/.

Q: Why did I get this awesome email?

A: Because you have subscribed to one of the COmanage mailing lists!
See the COmanage Email Lists wiki page for more details.

  • [COmanage-Announce] COmanage Newsletter #9 - June 2022, Laura Paglione, 06/29/2022