comanage-announce - [COmanage-Announce] COmanage Newsletter #3 - December 2021

Subject: COmanage News and Announcements

[COmanage-Announce] COmanage Newsletter #3 - December 2021

  • From: Laura Paglione <>
  • To: , , COmanage Dev <>
  • Subject: [COmanage-Announce] COmanage Newsletter #3 - December 2021
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 12:26:25 -0500

View in a browser

NEWSLETTER

ISSUE #3 | December 28, 2021

Happy New Year

It’s time to say goodbye to 2021, but before it’s over we wanted to give you a preview of things to expect early in the new year. Our open office hours will happen on the first Friday of the new year; we will share information about the new COmanage Core API. Our newsletter feature story is about the anticipated COmanage maintenance and feature releases on version 4, among the last before the larger 5.0.0 release (read our November newsletter for more details.) We’ll see you in 2022!

Open Office Hours - Jan 7

Do you have a question on deploying or configuring Registry or Match? Want to get some input on a solution architecture design? Want to hear how your colleagues in the community are solving problems similar to yours? Each month you can bring your topics for discussion to the call. No need to register or spin up a presentation (but feel free if it suits you!), just show up!

Friday, January 7 at 12:00 PM (America/New York) (no registration necessary)
https://illinois.zoom.us/j/84190579924?pwd=a1R6Q3VjWi92SHRETlVDMEthZVJYZz09

IN YOUR TIMEZONE & link for your calendar

January’s Topic Aperitif: COmanage CORE API

COmanage has several APIs to support system integrations with the Registry. The newest to this collection is the Core API, a collection of higher-level API endpoints that provide transaction-oriented operations. This new feature complements the REST API that provides lower-level, model-oriented access to Registry data. For this month’s “topic aperitif” we will give a quick intro to the new COmanage Core API and some of its common uses.

What’s coming in version 4.1?

One maintenance release of the Registry (v4.0.1) was released on December 7, and another one (v4.0.2) is expected in January. And, as usual, we’re working on the next feature release (v4.1.0) as well. The feature freeze date for version 4.1.0 is targeted for January 15, with a target release of this new version in early March Here is a list of what we expect will be in that release with links to related information. Maybe you’ll have questions about them for the next monthly office hours!

  • ApiSource Accepts Multiple Roles

  • Enrollment Flow Integration with ID Match

  • Manager Data Model Element

  • Novi Organizational Identity Source

  • Person Vetting

  • Service Eligibility Plugin

Feel free to bring your questions about this update to office hours!

Goodbye for now...

That’s it for this month’s newsletter; keep an eye out for our next one scheduled for late January. We hope to see you at our Open Office Hours on January 7th. Until then, Happy New Year!

About The COmanage Project

COmanage is an Open Source Project that is focused on streamlining digital lifecycle management for your populations. It consists of two tools: Registry and Match.

COmanage Registry is an identity registry with flexible enrollment and lifecycle management capabilities that helps you meet your identity management objectives using standardized tools and approaches. It can be used as a central person registry, a guest management system, or a collaboration hub for scholarly collaborations.

COmanage Match performs identity de-duplication in order to help minimize the creation of duplicate accounts for the same individual. It provides a heuristic-based system for matching identity records across multiple authoritative systems of record. Match can be used with Registry or as a standalone product complementary to your other tools.

Learn more about the project and its supporters at https://incommon.org/software/comanage/.

Q: Why did I get this awesome email?

A: Because you have subscribed to one of the COmanage mailing lists!
See the COmanage Email Lists wiki page for more details.

  • [COmanage-Announce] COmanage Newsletter #3 - December 2021, Laura Paglione, 01/03/2022