coman-2020-05 - [coman-2020-05] COmanage Training - welcome & prework

Subject: InCommon COmanage class 2020

[coman-2020-05] COmanage Training - welcome & prework

  • From: Laura Paglione <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Erin Murtha <>, Scott Koranda <>, Laura A D Paglione <>
  • Subject: [coman-2020-05] COmanage Training - welcome & prework
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 18:12:50 -0400

Thank you for registering for COmanage training! We are just putting the final touches on the re-worked the curriculum for our new virtual environment, and are looking forward to seeing you (on video!) next week.

REQUIRED PREWORK
To ensure that we make the most effective use of our time when we are together, there is some required prework, both to familiarize you with a high-level view of what COmanage is, and to prepare the virtual machine that you will be using for the workshop. We will assume that this work is done ahead of time, and have not built in time to catch anyone up.

It is important that you complete this prework BEFORE the start of the workshop.

You can find information about the pre-work at the following link:

NO VM before you READ THIS! (please)
You will be setting up your virtual machine for the workshop as part of your prework. You will need four things to set up your virtual machine, all of which are pinned to the workshop slack channel:
  • The Pre-work website (link above as well as in Slack)
  • The number of YOUR VM
  • The workshop password
  • Your list of example users (use the list that matches your VM)

SLACK for QUESTIONS, CHATS & RESOURCES
We will be using Slack before, during and after the workshop to communicate key resources (like the workshop password!) and to answer questions.

>> Erin Murtha will be sending out an invitation to the Workshop Slack channel separately.

LOGISTICS
The workshop hours on May 19 & 20 will be 10:00 - 5:30 US Eastern (click the link to see the time in your time zone.) We have participants from many different time zones, and have tried hard to not meet when anyone is likely to be sleeping. Though, we know that the schedule may not be at the preferred time for some of you. We acknowledge this, and thank you for your flexibility. We aim to make it worth your while. Our time together will include breaks and time for lunch.

>> Erin also be sending out meeting invitations that will include the meeting time. These invites will also include the zoom information for our online meeting.

Thanks! We look forward to seeing you in Slack and Zoom!

Laura, Scott & Erin

Be different.
Laura Paglione
LauraPaglione.com

  • [coman-2020-05] COmanage Training - welcome & prework, Laura Paglione, 05/14/2020