cloudinfrasarch - [cloudinfrasarch] Cloud Forum 24: Call for Proposals in Open | Researcher Nominations Continue

Subject: NET+ Areas of Interest

[cloudinfrasarch] Cloud Forum 24: Call for Proposals in Open | Researcher Nominations Continue

  • From: Bob Flynn <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [cloudinfrasarch] Cloud Forum 24: Call for Proposals in Open | Researcher Nominations Continue
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 12:34:24 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=x4ND7ABR5nk78CHDG/50TPr6A/qhniYeu8hYz0z2TN4=; b=RpgyyWy3zcPT1D9I9HS4gocHq1J3aRJwTplpWyBFOVwUT4ChnbDu9Qy9IymqTFH5Q6Hm6GWU5/NavUqQdybrWlbMgjIZ+CD9NVujdeXMf+bCJx2anNcAWMhzNntZ5o6SsMopwmPIaFJsYEiyOE74rSQ3xb3ValK3RwmMN0DxNdLB3Qz7AETptEZ/6VQz5emj+awObNT8q0JrTGsdAJPd+OfKYUbajXT7GHjTPFq2MACQUDHkAoMAYlz+pi1kGv4HKTMXATsMXwnDOoUP+zZlmRzlnVCOVvwHAGPPzUkPsGDPVxPTo5jakcpuK6nVPx4Bl6suvzHzmh/dm61lMIQBvw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=H6OXvmRCzl3EogmH2gPl5UQWU1SeNnFTnxbBtFux3aAuqquaJ/nCo2bypRmK6l9eMvXyxFTmDrngDlLRKhqWhowYTvqfG2asI6NAQ2FdI0P/pEMqJcO51W8v1pA/royWObGn2mX+Y9rx+4CBvPm5kaUFZNCNRMjP+CCNI3g4ZO0PJ0mQBAiqQCR7l5DucnX8Gd7L56mMyy3jRX1Oi7StKInJBLJkGUo66n+Dq/alv54Xn7YCawLrKn0yXFGxxJIXpXQ7v9N89wLzdYyEqAptQNwybtlhhsxBigKRMTfyofV4WWd53kAcCJx2ot4ob6xsdfmRsPsnM9q1llLiQTKsoA==

Colleagues,

Mark your calendars! Draft your proposals! Get your researchers involved!

It’s that time of year again. Hot on the heels of the great cloud conversations at Technology Exchange and EDUCAUSE Annual, we are gearing up for the 10th Annual Higher Education Cloud Forum. The Cloud Forum is the premier higher education cloud conversation. The event is organized by higher education, for higher education and we want you to be a part of it.

SAVE THE DATE

The 2024 Cloud Form will take place April 30 - May 2, 2024. In 2023 we used the Internet2 Community Exchange to slingshot around the calendar to reposition the Cloud Forum from a fall to a spring conference. To make that leap into hyper-scale we had to jettison a few days from the usual Cloud Forum payload, but thanks to a hard-working committee of your peers we have refueled and are coming back with a full 2.5-day event at the Jen-Hsun Huang Engineering Center on the beautiful campus of Stanford University. Mark your calendars.

NOMINATE A RESEARCHER

A longstanding Cloud Forum tradition is to have presentations from researchers using public cloud technologies to power their work. In past years, the invited cloud vendors have been asked to identify researchers working on their platform to present. The committee organizing  Cloud Forum 2024 decided to ask you, the community, to identify them instead. Please take a moment to nominate someone from your institution, or ask them to nominate themselves. See Nominations for Research Presentations for details and a link to the nomination form.

SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSALS

The Cloud Forum 2024 Call for Proposals is now officially open and we welcome presentation proposals from across the research and education community.

Are you trying out AWS’s Landing Zone Accelerator for Education? Have you worked out a subscription agreement for enterprise workloads with Google? Have you plunged into GenAI with Azure and ChatGPT? If so, your peers want to hear about it. Share your stories. Share your lessons. Share your failures. Share your successes. At the Cloud Forum we talk about all of it. Do you have a lot to share? Submit multiple proposals!

For full details, including eligibility guidelines, visit the Cloud Forum Call for Proposals. The call will close on Monday November 27, 2023.

COMPLETE CLOUD FORUM TIMELINE

  • Nominations for Research Presentations Opens: September 27, 2023
  • Call for Proposals Opens: October 16, 2023
  • Nominations for Research Presentations Closes: November 3, 2023
  • Call for Proposals Closes: November 27, 2023
  • Researcher Notification: December 1, 2023
  • Speaker Notification: January 4, 2024
  • Schedule Posted: February 1, 2024
  • Registration Opens: February 1, 2024
  • Cloud Forum Convenes: April 30 – May 2, 2024

QUESTIONS?

If you have any questions at all about the Cloud Forum, please reach out to Bob Flynn (). If he can’t answer them, he’ll point you to the person who can.

Bob Flynn (he/him/his)

Program Manager

Cloud Infrastructure & Platform Services

Internet2 NET+ Services

 || 812.558.0323

PNG image

  • [cloudinfrasarch] Cloud Forum 24: Call for Proposals in Open | Researcher Nominations Continue, Bob Flynn, 10/17/2023