class-community - Help design and build the CLASS Community of Practice

Subject: Entire CLASS Cohort Community.

Help design and build the CLASS Community of Practice

  • From: Amanda Tan <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Help design and build the CLASS Community of Practice
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 13:44:23 -0800
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=qiBezhObQlA9AnG3+n8qrd6Z/aPbOIEqAcffEBUre/U=; b=eSKVNshq8GjiJhdpGRSZRQaymP9b+DcI3a7NJ9eH4MLUe9vRb0H5cz4AdhSjxljaILhBEDSKFzefdMsN150SiFMECqdiw3yrULJQlgwbwbv+CEXxLcALUzTMvTmxcMNvDNpm2emy1AJy1AbYVPGRJMZmIUv6By4OKW9/0Gh4Aw7WbCFbQvVHRtzrawSAUzgGecZYBs+hpLva4n7Rw31D8SwsgwyLvfG5CaSoTPPz3HtfGN5635t60OV5mSKxh9RXyA8R6mWlWM70As8DxruQ29lwR/N3IX6eLSiefM5Swz+AWOGAvzoohR62G9o6JaO2xF37zZzYH5bWDYbe0UEO3g==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=JNvMQfa9XdLznfQeKRU6G4ywrShTqbFrcDKSmb5zm2eO2c7hxVS3MPy4CKwpbj9ljo04ljZ7vsUYTVKHOi5sqHg7EtNnYaBNJrrZxrXhuBIYSGXRaH1aalOhkcjKIt2a2m+ho6FQlGmYbBoeo0ESlkglMNSItSMMowK+DMZauDiYGQNwXAmgOJTkbhJRvVv/T+WfAPOny87saNCzXI/8YfHCYqOp/XIMKDU+wN7AG+2R8emtuuItQz5qsitlNULHVVw6MNqk0qvtISQ9YbhuJWRILRIT5eQhgfinTnOdr4XEl7iNYWFrA7+WNSUvLe7dMX0e4gO/BtzrzIr7RhZPqw==

Hello all,

The CLASS Community of Practice (CoP) aims to bring together the
collective experiences of CLASS alumni, members of the research
community, and public cloud providers to develop a robust, diverse and
dynamic platform for peer-to-peer exchange of knowledge in the
effective use of cloud computing in higher education. I am soliciting
ideas on how we can make your cloud journey more exciting, interesting
and educational as the CLASS team builds a strong and inclusive
community of practice! Some of the things in the works include
webinars, sprints, and demos from cloud providers. Some potentially
fun topics include Jupyterhub for Classrooms, running OpenFOAM at warp
speed on AWS, Building an NLP pipeline on GCP, Azure CycleCloud and
Spot Instances and more. You may also potentially request that I
(Amanda Tan) spend 3 hours shouting from the rooftops about
reproducible science and FAIR data.

Are there any topics/events that you would love to see/hear/do? What
can the CLASS team do to get you ENGAGED (other than sending your
supervisor a request for more time)? Let me know! And thank you all
for continuously helping us improve!

Best,
Amanda

--
Amanda Tan
Research Engagement PM, CLASS

  • Help design and build the CLASS Community of Practice, Amanda Tan, 03/03/2022