campweek2021-10 - [campweek2021-10] It's Almost Time to Go CAMPing!

Subject: InCommon CAMP & ACAMP

[campweek2021-10] It's Almost Time to Go CAMPing!

  • From: Jeanetta Caligari <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [campweek2021-10] It's Almost Time to Go CAMPing!
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 13:40:26 +0000
  • Suggested_attachment_session_id: 41ae1caf-b1e5-69b4-da33-1bb8aa49f07b

Hi there, CAMPers!

The InCommon + GEANT teams are excited to have you join us October 4 - 8, 2021 for CAMP Week - just about a week away! Get ready for a fun event filled with marvelous presentations and insightful conversations.

Ahead of the event, we want to provide you with some quick updates to help you prepare for the conference:

Canvas Access:

First, up, logistics! Please make sure you can access CAMP material in Canvas with this link. If you are unable to access the course, then it’s likely you still need to authenticate. Please reach out to if you have any questions or would like the InCommon team to resend your authentication.

Communication throughout CAMP:

Slack will be our main communication channel for CAMP Week. You should have been added to the 'campweek2021' Slack channel today - please reach out to  if you need another invite. This is your space to ask questions, share insights and feedback throughout the conference, and receive any updates.

Participating in CAMP Week:

We hope that you plan to join us for the entire event so you can get the most out of interacting with the sessions.

During CAMP presentations and ACAMP discussions, you are welcome to have your camera on via Zoom! We encourage you to use a background from your org, another fun setting, or our CAMP Week map (attached). Props to anyone who shows up with a fun and fantastic camping background to play on our theme! :-)

To help us all get to know each other, we also suggest that you include your name and organization in your Zoom name.

Social time during CAMP Week:

Though we are thankful for a virtual space to connect with you, we are still missing our in-person hallway conversations and meet-ups! To replicate that in an accessible way, one of our Catalyst Partners, West Arete, created an accessible, Zoom-integrated app that allows us all to mingle. Meet up with your friends and socialize with new peeps by joining any one of the "fireside chat" rooms that run at the beginning, middle, and end of each day's schedule. You’ll find all the details and information in Canvas. We look forward to hanging out!

Start the party early with REFEDS:

Ahead of CAMP Week, you are invited to attend the 43rd REFEDS Meeting on Thursday, September 30th! The mission of REFEDS (the Research and Education FEDerations group) is to be the voice that articulates the mutual needs of research and education identity federations worldwide. Register here to be part of the discussion!

Agenda + Time: https://refeds.org/meetings/43rd

Location: Virtual

Still have questions?

We are here to support you along the way. If you are feeling good about CAMP Week - success! If you still have lingering questions, join us for an Open Office Hour! This is an informal meeting where you can pop in and out as you wish. If you would have outstanding inquiries and need assistance, we hope you’ll be able to join next week:

Open Office Hour #1

Time: Monday, Sep 27, 2021, 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://internet2.zoom.us/j/91242900332?pwd=SnZkZUdHZ2Z4dzJFOGhHaGE5U2RaUT09

Meeting ID: 912 4290 0332

Passcode: 736232

Open Office Hour #2

Time: Friday, Oct 1, 2021, 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://internet2.zoom.us/j/94568304451?pwd=aDFvRmlnSGgzaHh4SWNMWlliQ1VlUT09

Meeting ID: 945 6830 4451

Passcode: 132743

Next Steps:

We’ll be reaching out again next week to make sure you have what you need, but please let us know if you have any questions in the meantime (the Office Hour is a great place to ask as well).

Thanks, and we’ll see you at the CAMPground!

Cheers,

Netta Caligari (she/her/hers)

InCommon Community Success Manager

Internet2

https://www.incommon.org/

  • [campweek2021-10] It's Almost Time to Go CAMPing!, Jeanetta Caligari, 09/24/2021