campweek-committee-2024 - [campweek-committee-2024] CAMP Week: No meeting (9/12) + Updates/CommEx Proposals

Subject: campweek-committee-2024

[campweek-committee-2024] CAMP Week: No meeting (9/12) + Updates/CommEx Proposals

  • From: Jean Chorazyczewski <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Jody Tracy <>
  • Subject: [campweek-committee-2024] CAMP Week: No meeting (9/12) + Updates/CommEx Proposals
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2024 19:13:33 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector10001; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=An7DGVOVl9Zx+Lv/bnxB3eI3g53GcOH7w5Q424+avLU=; b=dCYSG0ZHGZJfNZq28Q1w2S7wt/CZRWcyVVYcMH7+ujb8W+dn5RyrjX30+q8vsugl7Jgdr5x0rvV1tXa65X/1UibblkJ3pRS3dcYXH3sO7AfWMJP+rGSk1ddvp0OWp3kQ4snsiPEbfNyTiwdWovrqtb5mnZbcbD3KRdZtpXIaYMU6zeh18Y9kAOKGwk737HZVPoxJf5HbhMjDuT6L0gKT+5eL8+d4WGtJaqx+uxuhtUHk/p0nI+Ac+5av7iKwLQjZSAerneQ9817+amEvZFDmeJdi8qyUVl1a639n7LYeRfu8zB18cM05dWNAU7e1VS9QrptvEYLmV62EMg7TmA39sg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector10001; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=erSUE/0bh1LdRoYKJd+/dzIJTNLH7inh0/polQGdV4QlXy3o1o4KBFdTqNZNppuf1aJb5zWbuV5AcIiiZ5XZqzGJWSTDK65LMJT7PLF4QX5cSM1hbPKVSfC+0OCw/70O/L4y8O0khO8cNSDtP2e54MtjIJZcRlMtQo3ukdKw7vYSNsi/Kfld/8tCQyvcsg8oOUp5yXnX97w0v+amcWrVUYMft/oghDs4dU6OkjKgxGEUoh+V8hirEfU8/p53qIoNtPR591rHrwwPttPieeQJkV276MWCFaVrOkbtQc7uuDQ9m9fuszaxZei0vSw/uzAqb93WLyc5hnK50ccd4YHtQg==

Hello everyone,

No significant topics to discuss this week, so we are cancelling tomorrow’s meeting.

A few updates:

  • Registrations are continuing to roll in.
  • We’ve notified the events team about the working meeting lunch spots that we discussed last week. We’ll see if we get agreement from all parties for this schedule:
  • Tuesday: COmanage Office Hours (Laura Paglione) (against the I2I lunch)
  • Wednesday: IAM Her (Dedra)
  • Thursday: What’s Cooking: CSP/BaseCAMP Networking Lunch (and whoever else wants to come!) – See description below**!
We are awaiting merged titles / abstracts for 2 sessions. Presenters have been sent reminders.

= = =

**What’s Cooking? A Collaborative Lunch for CSP Alumni, BaseCAMPers, and Friends!

Hey CSP and BaseCAMP alumni, and anyone else interested — ready for a break that’s more than just grabbing a bite? Join us for a lunch that’s not your typical meet-and-greet. It’s your chance to make connections, exchange perspectives, learn what’s coming up with CSP and BaseCAMP, and share your thoughts with the folks at InCommon. Oh, and we’ll have some cool swag— stickers anyone?

Here’s what’s on the menu:

  • Connect and swap stories from the trenches with program alums and fellow conference goers.
  • Join in casual discussions and network with your peers and industry experts to exchange knowledge with others who have similar interests.
  • Discover what’s in store for CSP and BaseCAMP.
  • Shape the Future: Share your thoughts on what you’d like to see in future programming from InCommon. We’re all ears and excited to hear your ideas!

Whether you’re a seasoned alum, just curious, or suffering from FOMO — grab your meal from the usual buffet and head to our designated room for making connections, sharing insights, and having some cool conversations.

= = =

Besides TechEX – Community Exchange is already in the works for next April and proposals for sessions are being accepted now! Are you interested? If so, don’t delay in getting your topic submitted. See details below.

APRIL 28 - MAY 1, 2025  |  ANAHEIM, CA

Call for Proposals Open for 2025 Internet2 Community Exchange

The Internet2 Community Exchange (CommEX) returns in April 2025 for another highly-anticipated in-person convening of the global research and education (R&E) community.

CommEX25 will feature special keynote addresses, presentations from noted experts, and sessions designed to inspire R&E thought leaders, decision-makers, and technologists with vital information as they prepare for the future. Join us to explore shared information technology and policy challenges, common pitfalls, and best practices and solutions.

The Call for Proposals is open for CommEX25 sessions and working meetings! Learn more about the event’s four featured tracks and submit your proposal for consideration by September 13.

https://www2.internet2.edu/l/66332/2024-07-24/n3qtkj

  • Leveraging Advanced Networking
  • Cloud Services and Solutions
  • Security Concerns, Collaborations, and Solutions
  • Challenges & Opportunities with Emerging Technologies

Set in sunny Anaheim, Calif., the event facilitates fresh thinking and purposefully engages a more diverse audience of R&E professionals across both long-standing and new community participants. This includes a focus on the inclusion of systemically underserved and under-resourced institutions, as well as the valuable knowledge base new voices bring to our global community.

Note: Internet2 has transitioned to using a new event management platform for proposal submissions. If you have questions or need additional support, please contact

SUBMIT A PROPOSAL

https://www2.internet2.edu/l/66332/2024-07-23/n3qt2m

Hear From Past Event Attendees

https://www2.internet2.edu/l/66332/2024-07-23/n3qt2q

_______

Jean Chorazyczewski | Director, InCommon Academy

Internet2 – Ann Arbor

InCommon Academy | Internet2

  • [campweek-committee-2024] CAMP Week: No meeting (9/12) + Updates/CommEx Proposals, Jean Chorazyczewski, 09/11/2024