bwctl-announce - Release Candidate for bwctl 1.5.1

Subject: bwctl (bandwidth control) announcements list.

Release Candidate for bwctl 1.5.1

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: "" <>, "<>" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Release Candidate for bwctl 1.5.1
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:25:42 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi All,

We have the second release candidate for a new version of bwctl.

There are a few new features in this release, including:
- Support for iperf3, and improved support for nuttcp
- Support for ping and owping (Run 'bwping -h' to see the available options)
- Support for traceroute and tracepath (Run 'bwtraceroute -h' to see the
available options)
- Support for working behind a firewall (use the "-o" flag when the host
behind the firewall is the receiver)
- Handles NTP unsync a bit better (the daemon start, but will deny tests
until NTP is synchronized)

Changes since -rc1:
- Allow for tools like ping and traceroute to be run without the other side
having bwctl using the -E option
- Includes iperf 3.0.1
- Bugfixes and cleanups

This is a beta-test version, and is not recommended for general use yet.
However, we're hoping that, with some testing in the community, this can be
improved quickly and a production release can happen relatively soon. We're
especially interested in feedback on how easy it is to use the various new
tools, and features.

Tarball:
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/bwctl-1.5.1-11.i386/bwctl-1.5.1-rc2.tar.gz

RH5/x86:
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/bwctl-1.5.1-11.i386/bwctl-client-1.5.1-11.el5.centos.i386.rpm
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/bwctl-1.5.1-11.i386/bwctl-server-1.5.1-11.el5.centos.i386.rpm

RH6/x86:
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/bwctl-1.5.1-11.i386/bwctl-client-1.5.1-11.el6.i386.rpm
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/bwctl-1.5.1-11.i386/bwctl-server-1.5.1-11.el6.i386.rpm

RH6/x86-64:
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/bwctl-1.5.1-11.i386/bwctl-client-1.5.1-11.el6.x86_64.rpm
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/bwctl-1.5.1-11.i386/bwctl-server-1.5.1-11.el6.x86_64.rpm

Cheers,
Aaron

  • Release Candidate for bwctl 1.5.1, Aaron Brown, 01/24/2014