bwctl-announce - Announcing release candidate 1 for version 1.3

Subject: bwctl (bandwidth control) announcements list.

Announcing release candidate 1 for version 1.3

  • From: "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Announcing release candidate 1 for version 1.3
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:47:41 -0600

I have made a new release of bwctl available at:

http://e2epi.internet2.edu/bwctl/download/bwctl-1.3rc1.tar.gz

This is a beta-test version, and is not recommended for general use yet. However, I'm hoping with some testing in the community this can be improved quickly and a production quality release can happen in the next week or two.

Changes from the previous version include:

* The documentation is not complete for the changes...
* -T option is used to specify the 'throughput' tool
use bwctl -h to see what is supported:
-T tool tool one of:
thrulay
nuttcp
iperf
* nuttcp has not been tested *at all* yet
* time/scheduling related changes to make it more robust
* better error handling of iperf children processes
* better error messages for failure conditions
* parallel streams (-P)
* csv output (for iperf. Use -yc)
* not yet tested for backwards compatibility with existing 1.2a daemons. (In fact, I'm fairly certain there is a small problem there right now.)

  • Announcing release candidate 1 for version 1.3, Jeff W. Boote, 04/21/2008