basecamp2022-06 - [basecamp2022-06] InCommon's BaseCAMP is almost here! Here's what you need to know as you prepare for camp.

Subject: 2022 InCommon BaseCAMP- June 6 – 10

[basecamp2022-06] InCommon's BaseCAMP is almost here! Here's what you need to know as you prepare for camp.

  • From: Erin Murtha <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [basecamp2022-06] InCommon's BaseCAMP is almost here! Here's what you need to know as you prepare for camp.
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 17:12:13 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=Rmo8kWs1esGk9drQNisBsl55KqpFWYFz/cHH/beYkCQ=; b=kfiF4/bnP2Z1TfHV8E/TJKAKRGBmnKJF2Hs7+LQW/etPVdzLyAa3w/970OEzQW5tcd1gHcaT9A30COBPK5r6CCNihsvgK+OvnQHIDJn07frMw9JouGf4fxTG/qzn0m7Bty7GXazDlLujEEYmhuP7Uu5jAphWi7V8HmqFk5kcQXFTn1QsFQ63peEFzz1Ob3lYlDaiNR7xWugq1KBaef9URuH5U21NoCvZ3YWtqgcdyD+mWvr069tteDUJ6Up2pvn572psB0P0njfMp9osRnH3LBRt41ztVRf6BmPhOqAnvFXEoMK1EZza7K02IH+rZzUTX/6uqjeEkMp7P7ZG3sXm8g==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=G+izeYuO05IwitTb+CXnmkGMUtzvRm5rsnuZjXnjnz1/KV/EZgcWOtvM5JqCVRtOtoqe3hOeB0w0zkarIPEJr1GnULIqb1Tgk0bNjAKQUaaaAKM/hKX2OfMgUx5zVTXsAeuPp9N9k86rezbatmpNp/7maKZ8LT/Xtl5meGQBEYUCWU4xDc0XSQxqso94Oc4EWcMF2cQD4F2wy5phQjNhfCIAWWhpbTfz6x42lqfqyx7LNOQY4G/JXHTaBHpuVXXkY7k4ZTL12MxT4d0s5oyqAQcdDprxi/rYUygdIg92HEQecjDLncu6ij3KvkEMNv6mBsXMZVpk01pjlcSxkyxApg==

Thank you for registering for the 2022 Virtual InCommon BaseCAMP!

Below is some basic information. We’ll provide more details as the event gets closer.

BaseCAMP: Dates and Times

Start: Monday, June 6, 2022; Noon ET | 11 a.m. CT | 10 a.m. MT | 9 a.m. PT

End: Friday, June 10, 2022; 4:30 pm ET | 3:30 p.m. CT | 2:30 p.m. MT | 1:30 p.m. PT

BaseCAMP will operate for four and one half hours each day, Monday - Friday inclusive, June 6 - 10.

  • Reveille at noon ET each day (11 a.m. CT | 10 a.m. MT | 9 a.m. PT).
  • Taps at 4:30 pm ET (3:30 p.m. CT | 2:30 p.m. MT | 1:30 p.m. PT).
  • We also have some social hours reserved afterwards - we’d love to have you join us and meet your peers.

BaseCAMP Venue

By now, we’re all well-seasoned virtual meeting professionals, and chances are good that you’ve used all of our tools already. BaseCAMP will utilize Canvas for content management, Zoom for live sessions, virtual fire pits (brought to you by West Arete), and Slack for dynamic chat and collaboration.

Canvas

BaseCAMP will take place on Zoom and Canvas (https://learning.internet2.edu/courses/86). You can check out Canvas starting on June 1 (let us know if you have a problem accessing your dashboard!), but there’s no action needed on your part prior to our official kick-off on June 6.

As the conference progresses, you’ll find links to session recordings and slide decks. You’ll maintain access to the content for a year after the conference, too!

To gain access to Canvas, please verify that your registration is complete within our IAM system (It is an IAM conference, after all!). You received an email with instructions to enroll when you registered for BaseCAMP. Verify your enrollment by navigating to BaseCAMP 2022 in Canvas.  If you see the content, you’re all set!

  • If you can’t see the BaseCAMP content, please check your inbox for an email from that will point you to a link to complete your registration with our IAM system.
  • Still having a problem? Don’t fret! Please contact us at and we’ll help you to get squared away.

Zoom

You’ll find all of the Zoom links you need within Canvas, so https://learning.internet2.edu/courses/86  is your one-stop-shop for BaseCAMP. All sessions will be live and recorded, slide decks will be posted, and you will have access to the recordings for the next 12 months.

We encourage you to turn on your cameras when you are able to -- this is very helpful as we all get to know one another.

Slack

All presenters and participants will be added to a Slack channel. Please feel free to chat with one another before, during, and after the conference! This is a great way to ask questions, get answers, and  collaborate.

Be on the lookout for an invitation to this Slack channel (coming today!). Feel free to introduce yourself to get things rolling!

Before BaseCAMP

Check out the BaseCAMP agenda

Prior to the meeting, review the BaseCAMP schedule and topics. Giving some thought to the topics and coming prepared with questions will make your experience that much more valuable.

Tell Us About Yourself

We’d love to know more about you. What attracted you to BaseCAMP? What do you hope to learn? Here’s a quick questionnaire

During BaseCAMP

Arrival

We suggest arriving a few minutes early each day, so you are ready to roll. We’ll have lively discussions in our Zoom room or you can hangout with other campers as early as 11 a.m. Tuesday - Friday. The half-days also allow you to get your work done for part of the day and be fully present during BaseCAMP.

Breaks

Canvas will contain information about each session, and Zoom is integrated with the interface. We have scheduled ample break times during the days so that you can concentrate on the BaseCAMP sessions and still have time to stretch and move around prior to the next session.

Dress

BaseCAMP is a workshop; dress is casual. Hawaiian shirts are optional. Shorts and slippers are OK (because, really, who will know?).

CAMP Fires

Each day will end with CAMP Fires - small groups to discuss questions and common themes. Our friends at West Arete have developed an amazing tool to help facilitate these sessions. You’ll be randomly assigned to one of ten fire pits where you’ll get to know your peers and presenters. BYOS (Bring Your Own S’more)

Sponsor Shoutout

BaseCAMP couldn’t take place without the support of our amazing sponsors. Our friends at Cirrus Identity, Unicon, and West Arete are looking forward to meeting you all when we convene in 2 weeks!

Questions?

If you have questions related to BaseCAMP, email Erin Murtha ().

Erin Murtha

Director, InCommon Academy

PNG image

  • [basecamp2022-06] InCommon's BaseCAMP is almost here! Here's what you need to know as you prepare for camp., Erin Murtha, 05/23/2022