2020npapw - Call for Participation Proposals Review Outcomes

Subject: 2020 NPAPW

Call for Participation Proposals Review Outcomes

  • From: Taleitha Pytlowanyj <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Christy Rohmer <>
  • Subject: Call for Participation Proposals Review Outcomes
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 16:56:34 +0000

Greetings Everyone,

Thank you to those of you that were able to join the call today and to those that also provided your ratings/scores for each proposal. Attached is an updated version of the spreadsheet with the ratings and comments we received.

Please note, there are now two tabs to the spreadsheet. The first sheet shows the proposals committee members voted yes on and/or are open to further consideration for if there is room in the programming schedule. The second tab are proposals the committee simply voted no on because they do not meet the requirements. On the bottom of the first sheet is a submission by our committee member, Sven, that unfortunately we were not able to review as we ran out of time. So please review his submission and provide feedback on.

Also, please keep in mind that Justin typically kicks off the workshop with demonstrations and we discussed breaking this part up into multiple sections. When we originally discussed this during one of our first meetings, the committee all agreed that his demonstrations should be kept part of the programming, so we will need to factor that in when we begin to layout the schedule.

Additionally, the sponsorship link is live on the website, https://npapws.org/sponsorship/. Please engage with potential sponsors and direct them to this link if they are willing to support this workshop. We currently have Steinway and Artist Pianos as sponsors.

A previous note from Claudio to the committee: “Let's also start sending in ideas for the invited presentations. Also those from us. I can present interesting results from SWING project (which is another (visrtua)-Mobility project from Erasmus+ (like INTERMUSIC which has a submitted presentation). ... another suggestion for invited talk: what it takes to setup a distributed (international?) network performing arts production - things we have learned... a sort pf practical set of principles, etc...we have something of this in the SWING report for the part "telematic teaching", but we also know a lot now for performances. I'm not volunteering you... but (with our help) Renate is a real expert in this and it is a non-written know how.”

We will try to schedule the next program committee for the first week of December, so please keep that on your radar. I will create a doodle poll next week and get that sent out to you all.

If you have any questions or additional feedback/comments, please respond to all here.

Thanks!

Taleitha Pytlowanyj

Program Coordinator

475 17th Street, Suite 1210